Monday, June 26, 2006

Withdrawal

As tired as I am and as raspy as my voice is (It never fails to go out-whether it be Summer Camp, VBS or Mission Trip my voice just packs up and heads south every time); I am having an unusual amount of withdrawal. With Camp, I had maybe a small period of loss, but this is quite a bit bigger than that ever was.

I miss Sweetwater, Contact and Park Plaza!

I miss being on the road with excited teens.

I miss gathering in a circle and processing what we learned while serving others in the name of the Lord.

I miss shooting hoops with Bones, Isaiah and Cameron.

I miss the enormously huge Brit doing DDR on PS2 and getting a Perfect score every time.

I miss Blair's deflated mattress and hidden sleeping bag and pillow.

I miss the singing!

I miss Big Chris: a 6'4'', 350 lb. 13 year old.

I miss the Russian children and families at Normandy.

Oh, there are too many things to count that I miss!

I am going through withdrawal. Help me!!

No comments: