Monday, June 19, 2006

Tulsa

I am truly sorry that I have not blogged since last Wednesday and before that it was sporadic, to say the least. I have been greatly distracted by preparations for yesterday and this week. Please forgive me. I know now that I must get on the ball!

-----------

It is 4:26 and our first day working with the young Tulsa city kids is over. 10 of us made the trip for Tulsa, OK yesterday after morning worship service. With a train, 35W traffic and Ihop, we made it to our intended destination in 10 hours.

Here is a list of the culprits that have made the journey: Jasmine, Brian, David, Carina, KK, Kellie, Laura, Kyle, Elizabeth and Yours Truly.

This evening, we are going to hold a video scavenger hunt with the combined groups of Marble Falls and Sweetwater groups at the Woodland Hills Mall. Tireless energy!! We have had about 4 hours of sleep and we're still running on full steam. I have a feeling that we will have a bunch of weary, bleary eyed teens in the morning.

It was great to see and love on the young children today and watch the teens from Sweetwater and Marble Falls work with compassion and care.

I will keep you updated this week from wireless Net in Tulsa.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Jimmy,
I'm glad you are finally getting back to T-town! It's about time! I wish I were there, too! Looks like your doing great-but I'm sure the HSV church misses you!