Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One Of The Wilson Brothers



While gassing up the van for the 6th grade Blessing this past Sunday evening, I looked over at the guy pumping gas next to me and realized that I was in the presence of Hollywood royalty-Luke Wilson.

As an admirer of many of his films (Legally Blonde, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Family Stone, Charlie's Angels and Rushmore), I walked over to him, shook his hand and talked to him for the length of time it takes a slow pump to fill the tank up to $ 70 dollars. We talked about golf, my ministry and the beautiful area of Marble Falls and Horseshoe Bay.

What was cool is that he was really laid back and easygoing. For 6 or 7 minutes we shot the breeze. I asked him how he knew about the place and he told me that his family is from the Dallas area and that he frequently traveled from L.A. to relax and hit the greens down here in this beautiful place.

Elizabeth is really upset because she was not with me and he is one of her favorite actors. My Youth Group went nuts and asked me why I did not invite him to the devotional that night. I just don't know what I was thinking.

How many of you out there have seen or met somebody famous?

No comments: