Monday, May 16, 2005

As I Arose

As I arose this morning to the break of dawn and the bird singing their sweet songs, I thanked God for his beautiful creation. I heard the cry of my little puppy, Peanut, and the loud motor-purr of my kitty, Gabbi, and I thanked God for his beautiful creation.

There are so many things created by God for humankind to enjoy in this life. Too often, though, they are taken for granted. He wants us to enjoy what He has made. They are a proclamation of His awesome power and might. The prophet Amos wrote: "For the Lord is the one who shaped the mountains, stirs up the winds, and reveals every thought. He turns the light of dawn into darkness and treads the mountains under his feet. The Lord God Almighty is his name!" (4:13)

I encourage you to look around you at the creation of the Almighty and enjoy His beautiful nature.

No comments: