Friday, December 01, 2006

Merry December!

Happy first day of December! Elizabeth rolls her eyes at me because I usually get the Christmas spirit a little earlier every year. This year I started listening to a few select Christmas tunes before Halloween and she got on to me. OK, so I admit I am a bit overzealous this year, but I just can't help it. Don't be surprised, dear reader, if the December blogs are filled to the brim with hints of egg nog and figgy pudding!

---------

"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time" - Laura Ingalls Wilder

---------

The weather is cold here today. I am surprised that it can get down to the 20's and 30's here in the south central hill country of Texas. I like it! With the weather like this, I like to cook my favorite-Mom's Beef and Vegetable Soup and curl up with some good reading. In addition to my book, I have some extra reading today: "West Nile Vaccine Journal Review" by Elizabeth Mitchell (17 pages), "Abram's Animal Ceremony in Genesis 15: An Exegesis of Genesis 15:7-21" (9 pages) and "Preaching the Lord's Supper" (24 pages) both by my buddy Allan Stanglin. I look forward to soaking up some knowledge.

----------

Michael Bishop has been a strong and faithful member of our family here in Marble Falls. Recently, he has been afflicted with the West Nile Virus. Rarely does this virus bring great harm, but in Michael's case it has. Michael's immune system was too low and unable to fight the virus and he is struggling with the effects. His family is in need of fervent and faithful prayer. Please take some time out of your day and pray for the Bishop family.

1 comment:

Rick Northen said...

Hey Jimmy, Just catching up on your blog. Sounds like you are doing great. Hope you have a great holiday season and sing all of the X-Mas Music you want to!!!! I was wondering after reading your personal disctiption statement....would Elizabeth rather be extremely beautiful and talented or beautiful and extremely talented? Love ya, Rick