Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What?!?

What's up with Chris getting kicked off last night? I am in shock with the rest of the world out there! I think Taylor and Kat are great. I was so sure that Chris would be in the top three. Never did I think that Elliot would make it there, though. I am not saying he's no good. I just believe that Chris brought with him a breath of fresh air. And I still believe that his albums will sell hotter than the remaining 3. Wow! I am still reeling.

--------------

Elizabeth and I will be helping out with a birthday party this coming Monday evening and, due to a large amount of requests, we will not be canceling our Meat Eaters meeting. Instead of meeting on Monday we will meet this Saturday evening at 5:00.

--------------

Something happened Monday that kept returning and returning to my mind throughout the afternoon, the evening and well past the midnight hour. It bothered me. It riddled me with anxiety and frustration. In fact, it pressed on my heart and mind so much that I finally fell into bed at around 4:00 a.m.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me and I am certain that it won't be the last, but I kept wondering why. Why do thoughts like this beset my walk with Jesus? I wanted to know what it's purpose was in my life as a follower of God. Where did it fall in my Christian journey?

Life is full of questions and struggles that hold us in their grip for long periods of time. That keep us up at odd hours of the night. That make us sad. That make us mad. That crush our spirits.

But some verses came to my heart and mind and set those emotions to rest. Verses that let me know that I am an unfinished product that is being shaped and molded to be a strong instrument for God by these events. He is not through with us yet! Here they are:

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well developed, not deficient in any way." - James 1:2-4

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." - I Peter 1:6-7

No comments: