Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mawage

Jeff Bearden's surgery went well!!! Thank you, God, for being the Omniscient Answerer of prayer!

------------

Now, let me finish my story from yesterday. Where did I leave off when Scott came by for lunch (which lasted quite a long time, by the way. We just kept talking and talking about everything under the sun - from the Nephilim of Genesis 6 to the Heffingtons of Marble Falls)?

Oh yes, now I remember!

We were at the Quarry Market. A great place, by the way. We decided to catch a movie. Then we traveled over to one of my favorite places-Borders. I could have been in there for hours but we both got hungry for dinner and decided to eat over at Joe's Crab Shack-a place that I knew about and had always wanted to try. Good food! Elizabeth had the Coconut Shrimp and I had the Louisiana Platter. We walked away with full bellies and a couple of T-Shirts.

Great times with a great woman by my side. I could not ask for anything more.

------------

Speaking of that great woman-Today is our anniversary.

As of 1:30 today, we will have spent 3 years in wedded bliss! In those 3 years, we have lived in 4 different houses, we have been given a Beta fish that did not live very long, we bought other fish that did not live very long (there must be something to that), we have been given 2 little animals: a Schnorkie (Schnauzer/Yorkie mix) we named Peanut and a kitty we named Gabbi(surprisingly, they have lived!) and made one big move from AR to TX.

I love Elizabeth with all my heart and look forward to what the next 3, 6, 9, 20, 30, 50 years bring with them as we travel through life as one.

Elizabeth, I can't wait for what the future holds with you and me walking side by side through this journey. You are my song and my heart. You truly do complete me. I hope that you are as happy today as I am. I pray continually that God will help us to grow ever closer as the days progress.

I am going to end this with some words of wisdom stolen from the Princess Bride:

"It’s wot bwings us togeder today.

It’s that bwessed awangement.

It’s that dweam wifin a dweam.

Mawage.

Tweasure your wuv."

No comments: