Monday, April 11, 2005

I'm Back

Well, I know that you are probably wondering where have been. My wife and I traveled this past weekend to Searcy, AR for the Shaping the Heart seminar at Harding University. I will talk more about that in an upcoming blog. Anyway, the motel we stayed in had lobby internet access, but it was closed the evening I got there and closed the morning that I got up so I was not able to type anything like I planned. Here I am!

I am typing this from a classroom at Jessieville School. I am substitute teaching for them today. What a great way to get into the community as a youth minister, by the way.

But, I digress. How many of you out there like Country/Bluegrass music? I am a fan of all types of music. My range is very eclectic, to say the least. But there is a great song out there that falls in the aforementioned category. A little, sweet number by Patty Loveless, Ricky Scaggs and Vince Gill. The lyrics that really touch my heart go a little like this: "Go rest high on that mountain. Son, your work on earth is done. Go to Heaven shouting love for the Father and the Son."
Great words for us to live by. I hope to hear that when my time here on earth is done. Are you living your life in such a way that those words will be spoken to you when you pass from this life into the next? If you are, then that is great! If not, then make sure to start today living the life that is pleasing to God.

No comments: