Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Murphy Strikes Again!

The Northside Youth Group went to Winterfest in Gatlinburg, Tennessee this past weekend and I have so much to tell you that it will have to be a 2 parter!

I will begin with the Murphy bits. He likes me a whole bunch. Here is how he played a role in this most recent trip:

1. We're making great time to our destination of Gatlinburg when all of a sudden I smell burning rubber and see chunks of tire on the road in front of me (I was the last driver in a caravan of 3 vehicles). My cell rings and it is John Sloan (the driver of the big bus) asking if I will pull up and see if he has had a blowout. He had!! We are able to get it into a tire shop and replace 4 (you read right) 4!!! tires. One had shredded and three were almost there.

2. We are having an amazing time at the largest gathering of teens and the second day is getting even better for everyone except...Clint Smith, one of our chaperones. He starts feeling bad and losing everything he tries to get down-even water and Gatorade. When he starts getting the worst headache ever coupled with dizziness and blurred vision, we decide to take him to the emergency room. He stays there for 3 hours getting pumped full of liquids.

3. Now I have just found out that one of the riders on my van had the beginnings of the full blown flu when she was with us on the way home and that it ain't pretty.

Murphy has struck again, my friends.

No comments: