Friday, February 13, 2009

Conversations With God

Just got a cautionary email from a friend about a book entitled "Conversations With God." According to the email, this book is offered to children in schools through a scholastic program. It fields questions from tweens and teens about homosexuality, sex outside of marriage and other basics of morality. The author answers with the voice of God. And the answers are basically boiled down to allow the questioners the freedom to do whatever they want or whatever feels right to them.

I don't know if this email or even the book it writes of is real, but I do believe that there is a pervasive mentality in society, and, sadly, among other Christians, of relativism. "Basically do what you want to do and enjoy your life because each of us decides our own morality-It all comes out to the same thing in the end." This is what I hear around me every day and it is very disconcerting.

I have my thoughts on this but I would like to pose some questions for you, dear reader: When you come in contact with this philosophical mindset, what do you do? How do we, as followers of Christ, counteract this movement?

No comments: