Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hits

It has been a maelstrom around here this morning.  With the ladies having a special birthday party for Irene Anglin, who turned 88, and some men tearing down walls to create more classroom space for the adults and teens, it has been quite chaotic.  

My head and heart are still reeling from the blow that our secretary, Jeanne Lessman, is leaving us so soon.  I don’t know what to say…My world is turned upside down.  My Mother Hen is leaving the roost and I have no one to take care of me and set me straight.  First, it was Jim Gardner.  Then, it was Rick and Gail Northen.  Now, Jeanne is leaving.  And the hits just keep on coming!  

Have you ever been down like this?  Where you just felt like all of your dearest loved ones are leaving you all by your lonesome?  It would be great to hear some feedback from some of you out there that have stood up and faced the ‘winds of change’ or the ‘moving of the cheese.’  

1 comment:

Carlos, Maribel, Giancarlo and Isabella said...

Dear Jimmy;

I think I know how you feel. First my Dad left me when he divorced my mom when I was nine. Then one of my best friends left to go to college. Then I lost my grandfather who was like my father. And I had to leave lots of people I have loved too.

Life is full of times when we loose someone or something, but I think God meant it to be that way so that we never get attached to earthly things. He has never left, and will never leave anyone for anything. He is our hope, and he is our strength. The blessing comes that when we know him, we can get to know sons and daughters and spend some good and hard times with many of them.
We are blessed to have met you and spent some time with you and even though we too left, we will always cherish the short but full time we had.
Your family in the Lord;
Carlos and Maribell