Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sinking In

Well, it is just now starting to sink in that my partner- in-crime, Jim Gardner, is really gone. Being here in the office without him is something that will take a while to get used to. The shepherds here have been really great and supportive. Matter of fact, Rick N. came by the office to give his support to Jeanne and me. Thanks to you men for your encouragement.

I gave the motivational address to the faculty and staff of Jessieville Schools today. My heart skips a beat when it is time for school to start back. Even though I am well out of high school, the fond memories come rushing to me. I am sure that I speak for many kids in my youth group, as well.

I have to go now. I am prepping for my sermon this coming Sunday morning. I will blog later about the incident of the young man and the smashed van window...

1 comment:

Jimmy Mitchell said...

Toney, that sounds like a good idea! I sure miss ol' Jim.