Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally Back

It has been a long time since I have blogged. I have done a poor job of keeping up with it and I am going to be better from now on.

Many things have happened while I have been away and I am going to share them with you over the course of the next few days.

First off, we had a great senior graduation banquet and completed the Youth Loft on the same day in May. Quite an undertaking, but it is now finished.

Our 1st Principles Day Camp started on June 8. We had 30 students , 4-8 grade, ready to learn more about the foundational elements of our faith. We got down to the basics about sin, repentance, baptism and Christian living. Great things came of it and we will get to that part later.

We finished with the Day Camp on the 10th and then, on the 13th, a group from the 7-12 graders left for Uplift at Harding University. What a great time of learning from the Sermon on the Mount that it's not what we do but who we are.

Got back on the 18th and left for Camp Barton on the 21st. We had 8 baptisms, 6 of which were products of the 1st Principles Day Camp! We also have 2 on the horizon from what was done at Camp!!

We returned from Camp on the 27th of June and then I headed back out at 3:00 A.M! on the 2nd of July for some mission work in the Dominican Republic. We returned on Thursday the 9th a completely exhausted and changed group of believers.

I am in the process of resting and recuperating from everything. Glad to be back with my family!! I will post pictures later.

1 comment:

Jen said...

ha! When this showed up in my reader I was surprised! Glad to hear you are doing well.